Get high-capacity, reliable home network storage with the Iomega® Home Media Network Hard Drive, Cloud Edition. Easily share and access files, photos, videos, and music between all your computers and with friends and family. It’s powerful and fast, plus the three-step set-up is very simple, even if you’ve never used a network drive before. This feature-rich drive has a built in UPnP™ AV Media Server (DLNA certified) and iTunes™ Server so content can easily be shared between computers and any other digital media adapters such as game consoles, digital picture frames or networked TVs. Plus, automatically post files to your Facebook®, YouTube™ and Flickr™ accounts.
Simple three step setup – Simply plug into your router, power on, and install the software CD
User friendly web-based management interface
Web interface accessible in 16 supported languages
Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing.
Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive Iomega® Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. No need to email file attachments.
Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature – easily select and share your digital pictures on the web.
File distribution made easy. Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the file itself or a link to download the file(s).
- Powerful Backup Functionality:
Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. Also compatible with today’s most common backup software applications.
Time Machine® Support: allows Apple® users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
Personal Cloud Backup: Synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the Home Media Network Drive.
Public Cloud Backup: Use one of the integrated third party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3, or Mozy to replicate data from your Home Media Network Drive to your public cloud account.
Cloud Disaster Recovery: Utilize two or more Home Media Network Drives in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme.
- High Performance: Gigabit Ethernet connectivity combined with a high performing Dual Core processor
- Network File Protocols Supported: FIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FRP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Remote Access:
Connect securely from any computer in the world and get full access to pictures, videos, files – everything stored on the network drive – through a web browser. Remotely access and administer the Iomega Home Media Hard Drive through a personalized web address.
Upload and share files and folders directly from iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ and other mobile devices while on the road.*
- Digital Photography Tools:
Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP): No touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port.
Photo resize: Automatically resize photos any lower resolution.
Watermark: Automatically add a watermark of your choosing to photos as they are re-sized.
- Reporting: Email alerts provide up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer.
- Built in Audio Video Media Server: UPnP™ DLNA Certified®: Provides the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices, such as game consoles (Microsoft Xbox® 360, Sony PlayStation® 3), audio bridges, iTunes™ players, picture frames, Iomega ScreenPlay products and more.
Create shared iTunes™ libraries to provide a central location for your music.
- Social Media Sharing Made Easy: Convenient folders that automatically integrate with your social media accounts. Multiple accounts are no problem – just create another folder for each account.
Facebook: Files dropped into your Facebook folder are automatically uploaded to your Facebook page.
Flickr: Files dropped into your Flickr folder are automatically added to the designated Flickr photo album.
YouTube: Videos dropped into your YouTube folder are automatically uploaded to your YouTube channel.
- Torrent Download Manager: the Iomega Home Media Network Drive manages peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
Iomega Personal Cloud
Iomega® Personal Cloud is the revolutionary technology that allows you to protect and share your data. Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter™ network storage devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet. Unlike public and private cloud applications, Iomega’s Personal Cloud technology is completely self-owned – so the content and accessibility is always under your control.
- Synchronization: Users around the globe can sync files directly between computers as though they were on a local network.
- Collaboration: Users can view and edit documents (spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing documents, for example) – which is especially useful for helping geographically dispersed workers collaborate in real time.
- Sharing: Large video, audio, and graphic art files can quickly choke your company's e-mail system. And e-mailing sensitive files can raise security concerns. Iomega Personal Cloud offers drag-and-drop functionality that makes it easy to securely transfer large or confidential files.
- Security: Personal Cloud is actually far more secure than what most SMBs can do in-house. At many smaller companies, locally stored files are at risk from theft, fire, software problems, and hardware failure. Cloud storage offers built in redundancy at every level: hard drive, server, and datacenter.
- Low Maintenance: Once the system is set up there is almost no maintenance. You still have to manage user accounts, but jobs like array maintenance and monitoring the health of your data storage simply go away.
- Archiving: Archiving older files to a remote StorCenter frees up space on your primary StorCenter device for day-to-day business needs. Less capacity required for primary storage saves you money.
- Backup: Keeping a redundant copy of your data in an offsite location ensures availability in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Remote backups can run in the background after business hours to eliminate network bottlenecks.
- Power Efficient: Runs cool and quiet with a fan-less design. Supported drive spin down to conserve more energy when the drive is idle. (user adjustable).
- Print Server: Intelligent print sharing capability for up to 2 USB printers.
- Expandability: Add storage capacity by connecting external USB Hard Disk Drives. Supports NTFS, HFS+, FAT32, and ext3 formatted hard drives.
- System Status: Single page view of device information and status.
- Software Compatibility: Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers.
- Total Data Protection:
Native security support with robust username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
RSA® BSAFE® technology protects installs and upgrades.
Data Protection Software: Iomega’s full suite of data protection software is available for download.
- Warranty: 3 years (with product registration)