Synology FlashStation FS6400
- A powerful 2.5 inch 24-bay NAS
- 2 x Intel Xeon Silver 4110 8-core 2.1GH
- 5-year limited Synology warranty
- Expandable with the Synology RX2417sas
Product Description FS6400
Blazingly-Fast All-Flash Server Aiming for I/OIntensive Applications
FlashStation FS6400 is a highly reliable and ultra-high performance all-flash server for I/O-intensive and latencysensitive applications, such as multimedia post-production, virtual machines, online transaction processing, or databases. FS6400 is backed by Synology's 5-year limited warranty.
Synology FlashStation FS6400 is a 2U rackmount server designed for I/O-intensive and latency-sensitve tasks. Featuring two Intel Xeon Silver processors with Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA) I/O optimization, 24 drive bays supporting 2.5" SAS/SATA SSD, and 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM, FS6400 provides over 240,000 iSCSI 4K random write IOPS and is ideal for multimedia post-production, virtual machines, online transaction processing, or database applications.
FS6400 comes with two 10GBASE-T ports and supports optional network interface cards for high-speed data transmission. Storage capacity can be further scaled up with Synology expansion unit RX1217sas/ RX2417sas, providing up to 72 storage drives with elastic expandability. 5-year product warranty guarantees hardware replacement and technical support services, maximizing your return on investment (ROI).
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
FS6400 introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and iSCSI LUNs.
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible shared folder and user quota system provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, 10, and Synology RAID F1.
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), FS6400 comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
• Windows AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services.
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing FS6400 to fit seamlessly into existing infrastructure.
• Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensures file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
• Application privileges control access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
Effortless Virtualization Deployment
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware® vSphere 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack® Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Synology Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM, so that you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your FS6400 with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is critical for businesses everywhere. FS6400 responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in the event of unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
• Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
• High reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.
• DDR4 ECC RDIMM reduces power consumption and has error detection and correction capabilities during data transmission.
A Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suites on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
• Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a unified portal and enable data synchronization across platforms. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with others on Documents, Spreadsheets, and Slides.
• Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
• Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules and organize daily tasks effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to check schedules anywhere and anytime.
• Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations instantly and safely and optimizes companies’ internal communications with its powerful information management and interaction features.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.
|CPU||2 x IntelÂ® XeonÂ® Silver 4110 8-core 2.1GHz, Turbo Boost up to 3.0GHz|
|RAM||32 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (16 GB x 2)|
|Nr. of HDD slots||24 slots|
|Harddisk interface||2,5'' SATA II, 2,5'' SATA III, 2,5'' SSD|
|RAID||Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1|
|External interface||2x USB 3.0, 1 x Expansion port|
|LAN||2 x 1 Gigabit, 2 x 10 Gigabit|
|Redundant power supply||Yes|
|Package content||1 x FS6400 main unit
1 x Quick Installation Guide
1 x Accessory pack
2 x AC power cord
Did you notice a wrong specification? Please let us know.
|CPU||2 x Intel Xeon Silver 4110 8-core 2.1GHz, Turbo Boost up to 3.0GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine||Yes (AES-NI)|
|Memory||32 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (16 GB x 2)|
|Expandable up to 512 GB (32 GB x 16)|
|Compatible drive type||24 x 2.5" SAS SSD/HDD or SATA SSD (drives not included)|
|Hot swappable drive||Yes|
|External port||2 x USB 3.0 port|
|1 x Expansion port|
|Size (HxWxD)||88 x 430.5 x 692 mm|
|88 x 482 x 724 mm (with server ears)|
|LAN||2 x 10GbE RJ-45 (10GBASE-T)|
|2 x 1GbE RJ-45|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|PCIe 3.0 slot||2 x 8-lane x8 slot|
|High-performance network interface card support|
|Scheduled power on/off||Yes|
|System fan||4 (80 x 80 x 32 mm)|
|AC input power voltage||100V to 240V|
|AC Power frequency||47 to 63Hz, single phase|
|Operating temperature||0C to 35C (32F to 95F)|
|Storage temperature||-20C to 60C (-5F to 140F)|
|Relative humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude||5,000 m (16,400 ft)|
|General DSM specification|
|Networking protocol||SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP)|
|File system||Internal: Btrfs, ext4|
|External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT3|
|Supported RAID type||Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, Synology RAID F1|
|Storage management||Maximum single volume size: 200TB (for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only)|
|Maximum system snapshots: 65,5364|
|Maximum internal volume: 256|
|SSD cache||Read/write cache support|
|File sharing capability||Maximum local user account: 16,000|
|Maximum local group: 512|
|Maximum shared folder: 512|
|Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connection: 8,000|
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege|
|Directory service||Windows AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V , Citrix, OpenStack|
|Security||Firewall, encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let's Encrypt support, HTTPS (customizable cipher suite)|
|Supported client||Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer 10 onwards, Safari 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Androidâ¢ 6.0 onwards) on tablets|
|Language||English, Deutsch, FranÃ§ais, Italiano, EspaÃ±ol, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, ???????, Polski, Magyar, TÃ¼rkÃ§e, ?eskÃ½|
Did you notice a wrong specification? Please let us know.