- Powerful 3.5 inch 12-bay NAS
- Suitable for video post production and mass surveillance application
- Expandable with the RX2417sas / RX1217sas1
- 5 year limited warranty
Product Description SA3400
Highly-Scalable Storage For Large-Scale Businesses
Synology SA3400 is a 12-bay rackmount NAS designed for large and extensive scaling of data storage. Its comprehensive data protection technologies, including High Availability, hybrid cloud backup, and server or virtual machine backup approaches, make it a reliable server for massive storage deployment. SA3400 is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
Scalable Storage with Outstanding Performance
With the ability to scale up 180 storage drives and deliver more than 1 petabyte of raw capacity, SA3400 can easily fulfill the need for video post-production and massive surveillance deployment. Offering dual built-in 10GBASE-T Ethernet for fast data transmission, PCIe 3.0 slots for expansion of 10G/25GbE NIC or M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD adapter cards, and supporting various SAS and SATA drives without vendor lockin, SA3400 provides an elastic and expandable storage solution with optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).
SA3400 is equipped with an Intel Xeon D-1541 8-core CPU and 16GB ECC RDIMM memory (upgradable to 128GB) to ensure system performance and data integrity, delivering over 5,520 MB/s sequential throughput via aggregated 10Gb Ethernet.3 With 5-year warranty, SA3400 guarantees a reliable server, maximizes service uptime, and mitigates business loss caused by unexpected hardware failure.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
SA3400 introduces the Btrfs file system, which bringings the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection of share folders and iSCSI LUNs.
• File- and folder-level data restoration brings time-saving conveniences for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to detect corrupted files automatically with mirrored metadata, and can recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Ultimate Backup Solution
SA3400 integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine Backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and reliable recovery options ensure running services, VMs, and files can be instantly available when needed.
• SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and blocklevel deduplication technology.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to ensure data safety.
• Computer backup: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. SA3400 is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac to Synology NAS.
• Highly integrated backup solution: Synology C2 Backup is a public cloud service powered by Synology. By using Hyper Backup to back up your data on Synology Cloud2 (Synology C2), data safety and availability can be ensured when a disaster happens.
Effortless Virtualization Deployment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. You can set up and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on your NAS to test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your SA3400 with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs. Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computational efficiency. While Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, the support for OpenStack Cinder transforms your SA3400 into a block-based storage component.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.
Synology SA3400 with 12 x 6TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xnot in stock | € 9058,06€ 7486,00 ex. 21% VAT
Synology SA3400 with 12 x 8TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xordered on demand | € 9334,00€ 7714,05 ex. 21% VAT
Synology SA3400 with 12 x 10TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xin stock | € 10054,00€ 8309,09 ex. 21% VAT
|CPU||IntelÂ® XeonÂ® D-1541 8-core 2.1GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz|
|RAM||16GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (expandable up to 128GB)|
|Nr. of HDD slots||12 slots|
|Harddisk interface||2,5'' SATA II, 2,5'' SATA III, 3,5'' SATA II, 3,5'' SATA III, 2,5'' SSD, SAS|
|RAID||Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1|
|External interface||2x USB 3.0, 1 x Expansion port|
|LAN||4 x 1 Gigabit, 2 x 10 Gigabit|
|Redundant power supply||No|
|Package content||1 x SA3400
1 x Quick Installation Guide
1 x Accessory pack
2 x AC power cord
Did you notice a wrong specification? Please let us know.
|CPU||Intel Xeon D-1541 8-core 2.1GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine||Yes (AES-NI)|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (expandable up to 128 GB)|
|Compatible drive type||12 x 3.5 or 2.5 SAS/SATA HDD/SSD (drives not included)|
|2 x M.2 2280/2260/2242 NVMe/SATA SSD4 (drives not included)|
|Hot swappable drive||Yes|
|External port||2 x USB 3.0 port|
|1 x Expansion port|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||88 x 430.5 x 692 mm|
|88 x 482 x 724 mm (with server ears)|
|LAN||2 x 10Gbe RJ-45 (10GBASE-T)|
|4 x Gigabit RJ-45|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|PCIe 3.0 slot||2 x 8-lane x8 slot|
|High-performance network interface card support|
|M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD adapter card support4|
|Scheduled power on/off||Yes|
|System fan||4 (80 x 80 x 32 mm)|
|AC input power voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power frequency||50/60Hz, single phase|
|Operating temperature||0C to 35C (32F to 95F)|
|Storage temperature||-20C to 60C (-5F to 140F)|
|Relative humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude||5,000 m (16,400 ft)|
|General DSM Specification|
|Networking protocol||SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN , L2TP)|
|File system||Internal: Btrfs, ext4|
|External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT5|
|Supported RAID type||Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, Synology RAID F1|
|Storage management||Maximum single volume size: 108TB/200TB (at least 32 GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only)|
|Maximum system snapshots: 65,5366|
|Maximum internal volume: 256|
|SSD cache||Read/write cache support|
|M.2 SSD support4|
|File sharing capability||Maximum local user accounts: 16,000|
|Maximum local groups: 512|
|Maximum shared folders: 512|
|Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connections: 4,000|
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege|
|Directory service||Windows AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V , Citrix, OpenStack|
|Security||Firewall, encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let's Encrypt support, HTTPS (customizable cipher suite)|
|Supported client||Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer 10 onwards, Safari 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android 6.0 onwards) on tablets|
|Interface language||English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, ???????, Polski, Türkçe, ?eský|
Did you notice a wrong specification? Please let us know.