- Powerful 3.5 inch 12-bay SAS/SATA NAS
- Suitable for video post production and mass surveillance application
- Expandable with the RX2417sas / RX1217sas
- 5 year limited warranty
Product Description SA3600
Scalable and Fast Storage Server for Your Growing Business
Synology SA3600 is a 12-bay rackmount NAS designed for large-scale data storage. Its comprehensive data protection solutions, including multi-version backup for server and virtual machines, hybrid cloud integration, and high-availability technology support, make it a reliable server for massive storage deployment. SA3600 is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
Expandable Storage with Outstanding Performance
SA3600 is equipped with an Intel Xeon D-1567 12-core CPU and 16 GB ECC RDIMM (upgradable to 128 GB) to ensure system performance and data integrity. Offering dual built-in 10GBASE-T Ethernet and dual PCIe 3.0 slots for expansion of 10/25/40GbE network interface cards, SA3600 delivers over 5,561 MB/s sequential throughput via aggregated 10Gb Ethernet.
With the ability to scale up its storage to 180 drives and deliver raw capacity at petabyte scale, SA3600 can easily fulfill the need for video post-production and massive surveillance deployment. Supporting SAS and SATA drives without vendor lock-in, SA3600 provides an elastic and expandable storage solution with optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
SA3600 introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and iSCSI LUNs.
- File and folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing allows Btrfs file system to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes including RAID1, 5, 6, 10, and RAID F1.
Ultimate Backup Solution
SA3600 integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine/SaaS backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers and offers various recovery options to ensure lowest RTO. Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premises backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
- NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or Synology public cloud service, Synology C2 Backup, to ensure data safety and availability can be achieved when a disaster happens
- Computer backup: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. SA3600 is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac to Synology NAS.
Effortless Virtualization Deployment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. You can set up and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on your NAS to test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your SA3600 with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs. Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computational efficiency. While Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, the support for OpenStack Cinder transforms your SA3600 into a block-based storage component.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.
Synology SA3600 with 12 x 6TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xin stock | € 10633,00€ 8787,60 ex. 21% VAT
Synology SA3600 with 12 x 8TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xnot in stock | € 11293,00€ 9333,06 ex. 21% VAT
Synology SA3600 with 12 x 10TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xin stock | € 11725,00€ 9690,08 ex. 21% VAT
Synology SA3600 with 12 x 12TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xin stock | € 12613,00€ 10423,97 ex. 21% VAT
Synology SA3600 with 12 x 14TB Western Digital Ultrastar HDD+12xin stock | € 13693,00€ 11316,53 ex. 21% VAT
|CPU||Intel Xeon D-1567 12-core 2,1 GHz, Turbo Boost tot 2,7 GHz|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM|
|Nr. of HDD slots||12 slots|
|Harddisk interface||2,5'' SATA II, 2,5'' SATA III, 3,5'' SATA II, 3,5'' SATA III, 2,5'' SSD, SAS|
|RAID||Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1|
|External interface||2x USB 3.0, 1 x Expansion port|
|LAN||4 x 1 Gigabit, 2 x 10 Gigabit|
|Redundant power supply||No|
Did you notice a wrong specification? Please let us know.
|CPU||Intel Xeon D-1567 12-core 2.1 GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine||Yes (AES-NI)|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (expandable up to 128 GB)|
|Compatible drive type||12 x 3.5 or 2.5 SAS/SATA HDD/SSD (drives not included)|
|Hot swappable drive||Yes|
|External port||2 x USB 3.0 port|
|1 x Expansion port|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||88 x 430.5 x 692 mm|
|88 x 482 x 724 mm (with server ears)|
|LAN||2 x 10GbE RJ-45 (10GBASE-T)|
|4 x Gigabit RJ-45|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|PCIe 3.0 slot||2 x 8-lane x8 slot|
|High-performance network interface card support|
|Scheduled power on/off||Yes|
|System fan||4 (80 x 80 x 32 mm)|
|AC input power voltage||100 V to 240 V AC|
|Power frequency||50/60 Hz, single phase|
|Operating temperature||0C to 35C|
|Storage temperature||-20C to 60C|
|Relative humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude||5,000 m (16,400 ft)|
|General DSM Specification|
|Networking protocol||SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP)|
|File system||Internal: Btrfs, ext4|
|External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT4|
|Supported RAID type||Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, Synology RAID F1|
|Storage management||Maximum single volume size: 108 TB/200 TB (at least 32 GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only)|
|Maximum system snapshots: 65,5365|
|Maximum internal volume: 256|
|SSD cache||Read/write cache support|
|File sharing capability||Maximum local user accounts: 16,000|
|Maximum local groups: 512|
|Maximum shared folders: 512|
|Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connections: 4,000|
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege|
|Directory service||Windows AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V , Citrix, OpenStack|
|Security||Firewall, encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let's Encrypt support, HTTPS (customizable cipher suite)|
|Supported client||Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer 10 onwards, Safari 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android 6.0 onwards) on tablets|
|Interface language||English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, ???????, Polski, Magyar|
Did you notice a wrong specification? Please let us know.